Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Tips for a great home office

I am finally sitting in my new home office, posting my first blog post from my new home!
Yes we have been in our home for a little over 3 months now, but up until today, we did not have the internet connected! Frustrated is not the word, but boy can I tell you how happy I am sitting here, finally doing what I have been itching to do.
So I thought it was fitting to share my top 5 tips for creating a great home office!
My home office is nearly complete, and can't wait to share photos!

1. Think outside the square when it comes to office furniture. You could use a dining table, console of trestle table as a desk. Play around with colour, and find legs that are a different colour to the table top. There are so many stylish chairs around at the moment! Make it more comforatble by adding a cushion or faux fur throw.

Image via This Old Apt.
 

2. Ensure you have enough storage. Whether that be built in storage like this stunning plywood overheads, or as simple as a wire baskets, decorative boxes or a mobile pedestal.
 

Image via Est Magazine
 
3. Create an inspiration wall for you to add magazine clippings, photos or anything that sparks creativity. This cork wall is stunning! I love how it compliments the tan leather office chair and works with the concrete floor.
 
Image via Style and Create
 
4. Lighting is key. It is one of the most forgotten elements in any room, and without beautiful lighting, how can you show off your space? Task lighting is great for a home office. Look at pendant lights, desk lamps, or even a floor lamp.
 
 
Image via Vtwonen
 
5. You can't go past stylish desk accessories to keep organised. Look at storage boxes, binders, notebooks and pencil holders that all match or compliment each other. Here is your time to go wild with mixing patterns and colours to really show your personality.
 
 
 
Image via My Luxe Finds
 
Share your favorite places to shop for your home office!
 
 
 



 


3 comments:

LinkWithin

 

Design Talk | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012